Canada has been and is still a major destination for immigrants who are seeking to study, working or want to enjoy a high standard of living. Immigrating to Canada has never been an easy task and does involve money. One of the simplest ways to move to Canada for free is to have a sponsor in Canada who is either a citizen or permanent resident. Your sponsor can be your spouse, parents, conjugal partner or your child who is over 18 and is currently living in Canada.
Individuals who don’t have family members in Canada do not have to worry because there are still various ways to be sponsored.
Canada is one of the most beautiful countries on planet earth, it is considered to be a safe haven for individuals looking for opportunities to start over and find greener landscapes. The country has a very low crime rate and produces numerous jobs every year for citizens and immigrants as well.
Canada has been and is still welcoming immigrants into the country every year, this is because of the different immigration programs available such as the sponsorship from family members, relatives, partners or even employers. Aside from family sponsorship, it is extremely difficult to find a sponsor in Canada since there are very few people who can offer you sponsorship to Canada.
Canada recognizes the value of family and this is why family sponsorship came into existence. This sponsorship program has brought many people to come to Canada and live with their families who are citizens or permanent residence.
Who can be a sponsor?
Not everyone in Canada can sponsor someone to Canada, sponsors include your close cousins of your family who are permanent residents or citizens of Canada and partner or conjugal spouse who is also a permanent resident or citizen as well as a Canadian employer who would like to hire an international worker who took part in the express entry. Employers must ensure that there is no Canadian citizen or permanent resident that is able to fill the vacant position.
Conditions to Become a sponsor
In order to become a sponsor for Canada:
- Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents who live in Canada can be a sponsor
- Sponsors must ensure that they have sufficient funds to support their spouse or relative. Financial proof is sometimes required.
- The sponsor must be at least 18 years old and above.
- You will have to state on the form of an agreement that you will financially help your relative partner, whom you want to sponsor to Canada. The agreement to financially aid your relative can last up to 15 years, this depends mainly on the relationship you have with the person.
- You are not fit to be a sponsor if you have been convicted of a serious offence in Canada in the past or present.
- You are not authorized to sponsor multiple people to Canada. If you have previously sponsored a relative or someone in your family, you are not eligible to sponsor a new person.
- You might not be allowed to sponsor someone to Canada in the future if you have received a visa-related loan and have not paid back or paid back the loan late
How to find a sponsor in Canada
Canada enables Canadian citizens and permanent residents to bring their family members to Canada for a family reunion through the family sponsorship program. Below are sponsors who are eligible to sponsor their loved ones
- Common-law partner, spouse or the conjugal partner
- Dependent child
How to Find A Sponsor in Canada for free
Employment sponsorship: Are you aware that there are lots of Canadian employers within your own country that are searching for foreign employees. You just have to search at the right place. Locate the embassy in your home country, visit them and enquire if there are any current businesses looking for foreign workers or if there are open job fairs that are being carried out by the organization in Canada.
There are specific programs and companies in Canada where Canadian employers can recruit foreigners and immigrants to Canada. Below are programs that can connect you with potential employers.
- Canadian Immigrant Fair
- Career Pathways for skilled Immigrants Program
- Federal Internship for Newcomers Program
Below are companies that can equally connect you to Employers who are looking for people to hire
- Canada’s Most Diverse Employers
- Hire Immigrants
- Immigrant Employment Council of BC
- MOSAIC Employment Services: Career & Job Fair