Performs independent standard repair tasks such as replacing brake shoes and relining brakes, replacing, fuel injectors, carburetors, fuel tanks, distributors, alternators, lights; dismantling, repairing, and assembling automotive parts under the supervision of a journey-level mechanic.
- Location: Rocky View, AB
- Salary: 15.00 to 17.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
The Mechanics Helper will assist mechanics in performing maintenance and repairs on vehicles and equipment.
- Helps mechanic perform maintenance and repairs such as tune-ups and oil changes, checks tires and brakes, replaces spark plugs and engages in other similar tasks.
- Assists mechanic with electrical systems such as replacing batteries, starters, and lights.
- Test drives vehicles to ensure repairs are completed property.
- Cleans the shop and returns tools to proper location.
- Maintains inventory of replacement parts and equipment.
- Inspects tools and equipment to ensure they are in working order.
- Updates maintenance and repair logs for vehicles.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of vehicle repair.
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to use power and hand tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read service and repair manuals.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in a timely fashion.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Related experience preferred.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform repairs and inspections.
- Must be able to work safely in a noisy area with many odors present.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
Work site environment
- In shop
- Perform miscellaneous labouring activities to help tradespersons, apprentices and other workers as directed
Security and safety
- Driver’s validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Own transportation
- Valid driver’s licence
- Own vehicle
- Driver’s abstract
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Steel-toed safety boots
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply