What Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers Do. Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures. Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers. Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Location: Toronto, ON
- Salary: 80,000 to 90,000 annually for 37.5 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
What Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers Should Be Good At
- Problem Sensitivity – The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Deductive Reasoning – The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Inductive Reasoning – The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Written Comprehension – The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Information Ordering – The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Near Vision – The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Bachelor’s degree
3 years to less than 5 years
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Willing to relocate
- Help desk
- Consulting firm
- Assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware
- Develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle
- Conduct reviews to assess quality assurance practices, software products and information systems
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Shell script
- Sublime Text
- Subversion (SVN)
- Security software
- Word processing software
- Programming software
- Database software
- Programming languages
- Software development
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply