carpet cleaning technicians clean and maintain carpets and floors in homes, businesses, and government buildings. They perform pre-cleaning inspections, apply treatments, and remove stains using hand and machine cleaning tools.
- Location: Victoria, BC
- Salary: 22.00 hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking to hire a hardworking carpet cleaning technician to join our cleaning crew. As a carpet cleaning technician, you will be responsible for driving to the client’s location, assessing the needs of the customer, applying stain or cleaning treatments, and ensuring all work is completed to high standards. You may also be required to up-sell services and cleaning products.
To ensure success as a carpet cleaning technician, you should have in-depth knowledge of carpet cleaning products, good communication skills, and the ability to lift heavy objects. Ultimately, a top-class carpet cleaning technician is friendly and efficient while providing a high-quality service.
Carpet Cleaning Technician Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to discuss their cleaning needs.
- Assessing the state of the floors and carpets that need to be cleaned.
- Applying stain and pre-cleaning treatments to the carpets and floors.
- Carefully removing furniture to access all areas that need to be cleaned.
- Cleaning carpets and floors using machine and hand-washing techniques.
- Drying carpets using drying machines.
- Resetting the furniture.
- Up-selling cleaning services and company products.
- Providing invoices and maintaining good customer relations.
Carpet Cleaning Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous work experience as a carpet cleaning technician.
- Detailed knowledge of cleaning chemicals and machines.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate industrial cleaning machines.
- Ability to lift and move heavy furniture.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Operate cleaning machines
- Vacuum floors
- Wax and polish floors
- Shampoo upholstery
- Provide customer service
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- Carpet cleaning machine
- Chemical cleaning equipment
- Industrial vacuum cleaners/power sweepers
- Steam cleaners
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Job reference number