Responsible for purchasing, appraising and managing inventory. Forecast annual dealership sales by estimating total vehicle sales and operating profits and new and used sales department expenses. Hold scheduled sales training and meetings to plan and implement automotive sales objectives.
- Location: Langley, BC
- Salary: 31.25 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Flexible Hours
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
Automotive Sales Manager Responsibilities and Duties
- Anticipate sales and expenses goals monthly and annually and prepare departmental operating budget.
- Hire, train and monitor automotive sales employees and process and monitor commission sheets and payroll.
- Determine and upgrade in compliance with Federal and State laws affecting automotive sales.
- Support salesmen to set realistic and aggressive monthly targets and support deal closure and approval.
- Monitor departmental customer satisfaction ratings and ensure potential buyer follow up to develop, execute and supervise sales control system.
- Recommend color, model and equipment based inventory needs.
- Direct staffing, performance evaluation and training for effective functioning of sales and service programs.
- Review and monitor customer preference and operational records to focus automotive sales efforts.
- Consult with department heads for advertising services and securing equipment and customer information.
- Discuss with prospects on equipment needs and advise on type of automotive equipment to buy.
- Handle retail related concerns and coordinate with salespeople to close vehicle purchase deals.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Manage staff and assign duties
- Study market research and trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and effect of competitors’ operations on sales
- Determine merchandise and services to be sold
- Implement price and credits policies
- Locate, select and procure merchandise for resale
- Develop and implement marketing strategies
- Plan budgets and monitor revenues and expenses
- Determine staffing requirements
- Resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints and supply shortages
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- Recruit, hire and supervise staff and/or volunteers
- 5-10 people
- Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply