Cabinetmakers build, repair and install wooden cabinets, furniture and fixtures. They are employed by custom furniture manufacturers, construction companies and cabinetmaking contractors, or they may be self-employed.
- Location: 2760 Olafsen Ave.Richmond, BCV6X 2R3
- Salary: 28.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a crafty and efficient Cabinet Maker to create custom cabinets. You should be able to shape and design cabinets as per the clients’ requirements. Further, you should pick appropriate materials and finishing products to give the furniture a complete look.
You should be able to review and provide an appropriate work completion schedule. Besides, you should oversee and instruct fellow workers in shaping and trimming the wood correctly. You should have a detailed-oriented approach and the skill to offer high-quality products.
To fulfill the job requirements, you should be physically fit and have decent years of experience in cabinet making. Your willingness to work for long and flexible hours will also be advantageous. Besides, you should demonstrate excellent leadership skills and teamwork ability.
If you have excellent cabinet making and technical skills, then do get in touch with us.
- Using hand tools and woodworking machinery for cutting, trimming, and shaping wood
- Making use of adhesives for fitting different cabinet components
- Applying polish or stain to ready furniture
- Sanding surfaces to remove any unevenness
- Repairing old furniture
- Reading and interpreting blueprints
- Outlining and cutting wood as per the dimensions
- Developing work completion timeline
- Assembling cabinet components using screws and hammers
- Ensuring all dimensions are correct
- Verifying the alignment of door handles, side panels, and hinges
- Selecting appropriate materials and tools
- Creating custom cabinet components
- Advising clients on the appropriate care for finished products
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Training program in cabinet making preferred
- Proven work experience in cabinet making or the Construction industry
- Familiarity with woodworking machineries like Bandsaw, drill press, and bench grinder
- Basic knowledge of different types of materials
- Know-how of the latest trends and styles in cabinet making
- Good analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to visualize and create intricate wooden designs
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to offer increase level of customer service
- Displaying good physical and mental stamina
- Good leadership skills
- An eye for detail
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to lift heavy items
- Ability to work for long and flexible hours
- No degree, certificate or diploma
2 years to less than 3 years
- In shop
- Study plans, specifications or drawings of articles to be made, or prepare specifications
- Operate CADD and other computer software systems
- Trim joints and fit parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit and reinforce joints
- Sand wooden surfaces and apply veneer, stain or polish to finished products; prepare and apply laminated plastics
- Apply varnish, veneer, stain or polish to finished products
- Maintain clean and safe work environment
- Estimate costs and materials
- Operate woodworking machines and use hand tools to cut, shape and form parts and components
- Repair or restyle wooden furniture, fixtures and related products
Experience and specialization
Area of specialization
- Built-in units
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Team player
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply