A Bookkeeper is a service professional who helps business owners and companies keep track of the money they earn and spend. They prepare your accounts, document daily financial transactions and ensure compliance with applicable standards
A bookkeeper is responsible for recording and maintaining a company’s daily financial transactions. They also prepare reports for the managers and trial balances to assist the accountants. A bookkeeper may also help you run payroll, collect debts, generate invoices and make payments.
- Location: Chestermere, AB
- Salary: 29.50 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a skilled Bookkeeper to maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments.
Bookkeeper job duties include working closely with our Accounting team to create and analyze financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices and tax payments. Our ideal candidate holds a Finance degree (preferably followed by accounting CPE courses) and is familiar with accounting software packages, like FreshBooks, Kashoo and KashFlow.
Ultimately, the Bookkeeper’s responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our company.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, suppliers ledger, customer ledger and general ledger
- Bring the books to the trial balance stage
- Perform partial checks of the posting process
- Complete tax forms
- Enter data, maintain records and create reports and financial statements
- Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner
Requirements and skills
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Calculate and prepare cheques for payroll
- Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems
- Maintain general ledgers and financial statements
- Post journal entries
- Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports
- Prepare tax returns
- Prepare trial balance of books
- Reconcile accounts
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply