Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers inspect, diagnose, repair and service mechanical, electrical and electronic systems and components of cars, buses, and light and commercial transport trucks
- Location: 12050 Albion Vaughan RoadBolton, ONL7E 1S7
- Salary: 27.00 to 32.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Weekend, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Long term benefits
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
Our company is expanding rapidly and we are looking to hire an automotive technician to join our team. You should have demonstrated experience as an auto mechanic on cars and light trucks along with an ASE certificate. You will be responsible for diagnosing, maintaining, and repairing customer vehicles.
Automotive Technician Responsibilities:
- Perform maintenance and repair on customer vehicles.
- Identify problems with vehicles using the diagnostic equipment.
- Explain automotive repairs and issues and provide great customer service.
- Plan repair procedures using charts manuals and experience.
- Test the functionality of parts and systems
- Perform basic auto care and maintenance tasks such as oil changes, fluid level checks, and tire rotation.
- Repair and replace brake pads, wheel bearings, sensors and other parts.
- Perform routine maintenance and general mechanic work on vehicles.
- Prepared to get additional certification as needed.
- Willingness to learn with hands-on training.
- Help keep repair shop clean and organized.
- Keep a professional appearance.
Automotive Technician Requirements:
- Automotive and engine repair experience or auto mechanic training required.
- ASE certifications required.
- Hold a valid driver license.
- Graduated from an associate degree program in auto maintenance and repair.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and provide friendly customer service.
- Must read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Perform routine maintenance and other tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- May lift objects that weigh as much as 50 lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience as a lube technician, or prepared to do on-the-job training.
- Understanding of automotive air-conditioning systems.
- Ability to use the diagnostic equipment.
- Experience with heavy equipment and as a diesel mechanic, diesel engine knowledge, or prepared to do on-the-job training.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Registered Apprenticeship certificate
- or equivalent experience
3 years to less than 5 years
- In shop
- Inspect and test mechanical units to locate faults and malfunctions
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems
- Diagnose faults and malfunctions and confirm findings with supervisor to determine whether to repair or replace unit
- Estimate parts and labour costs
- Perform scheduled maintenance service
- Test and adjust units to specifications
- Advise customers on work performed and future repair requirements
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisor
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Automotive Service Technician Trade Certification
Experience and specialization
Area of specialization
- Engine repair
- Electrical and electronic system
- Alignment, steering and suspension
- Brake system
- Hydraulic system
- Fuel and emission system
- Ignition and electrical system
- Automatic transmission
- Drive train components
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
844-914-4714 Between 10:00 AM and 04:30 PM
12050 Albion Vaughan Road