Purchasing agents and buyers consider price, quality, availability, reliability, and technical support when choosing suppliers and merchandise. Buyers and purchasing agents buy products and services for organizations to use or resell. They evaluate suppliers, negotiate contracts, and review the quality of products.
- Location: Delta, BC
- Salary: $55,000 to $60,000 annually for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits, Long term benefits, Financial benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a skilled Purchasing Agent to buy goods and services necessary for our business. You have the means and opportunity to raise our profits by making the most high-quality and cost-effective purchases.
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and a commercial mindset. You should know how to evaluate market conditions and different suppliers. Communication skills will help you negotiate effectively and maintain profitable relationships.
The goal is to acquire supplies that are critical for the success of our business operations.
- Develop profitable purchasing strategies
- Assess supplier profiles and analyze offers
- Prepare and implement effective negotiation tactics
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery and compliance to terms of contracts
- Review supplies to ensure quality
- Monitor stock levels
- Prepare and submit detailed reports (revenues, buying expenditures etc.)
- Keep updated records
- Attend events, fairs and exhibitions to keep abreast of the market’s trends
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a purchasing agent or relevant role
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating prices and terms and conditions
- Knowledge of market research, data analysis and purchasing best practices
- Working knowledge of MS Office and purchasing software (e.g. SpendMap)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A strong analytical mindset
- Outstanding organizational skills
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA will be considered a plus
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
2 years to less than 3 years
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Free parking available
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply