Pharmacists are responsible for aiding customers by compounding and/or dispensing prescription medications, providing pharmaceutical information to healthcare professionals, monitoring customers’ drug therapies to avoid interactions with other medications, and providing pharmaceutical expertise to customers on the safe use of medications.
- Location: Calgary, AB
- Salary: $45.30 to $58.65 hourly for 8 to 20 hours bi-weekly
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Weekend, Flexible Hours
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a qualified pharmacist to assist customers by interpreting symptoms and providing immediate treatment or to successfully refer customers to a suitable physician. You will also prepare pharmaceuticals by reviewing and interpreting physicians’ directives and detect any therapeutic incompatibilities.
To be successful in this role you must be customer-focused and remain up to date with the latest advances in pharmaceutical science.
- Compounding and dispensing medications, as prescribed by physicians.
- Monitoring customers’ drug therapies, advising interventions, and informing customers of any potential side effects.
- Instructing customers on how and when to take prescribed medications.
- Conducting health and wellness screenings.
- Providing immunizations, and other medical services, such as taking blood pressure, temperature measurements, and checking blood sugar levels.
- Keeping accurate customer records.
- Ensuring a safe and clean working environment.
- Completing operational requirements of the pharmacy, including verifying order entries, maintaining records of controlled substances, charges, and removing expired and/or damaged drugs from the pharmacy’s inventory.
- Adhering to applicable legal rules, regulations, and procedures governing pharmaceutical practice.
- Performing other administrative tasks when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy or pharmacology.
- Proven experience as a pharmacist.
- Valid license to practice as a pharmacist.
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of dosage requirements and administration, chemical compounds, and pharmaceutical brands.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and software applications, used by pharmacies, such as MEDITECH and Mediware.
- Great organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree
1 year to less than 2 years
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter