They provide general and preventative care, conduct check-ups, treat illnesses, order lab tests and prescribe medication for children and adults. A nurse practitioner is an advanced practice nurse that helps with all aspects of patient care, including diagnosis, treatments and consultations.
- Location: Calgary, AB
- Salary: $41.50 to $55.00 hourly for 8 to 20 hours bi-weekly
- Terms of employment: Term or contract
- Weekend, On Call, Flexible Hours, To be determined
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other benefits, Long term benefits, Financial benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Nurse practitioners (NPs) provide advanced primary and specialty nursing services. Duties include patient health assessment, creating strategies to improve or manage a patient’s health, and introducing habits for health promotion
We are looking for a licensed nurse practitioner to join our growing team of medical professionals. Your duties will include recording patients’ medical histories, performing physical exams, administering diagnostic tests, and creating patient care plans. You will also administer treatment and observe patients’ functioning over time.
To be successful as a nurse practitioner, you should be empathic but resolute in your decision-making, and attentive to detail. Ultimately, a top-notch nurse practitioner will exhibit cultural competence and exceptional teamwork skills.
Nurse Practitioner Responsibilities:
- Performing physical exams and patient observations.
- Recording patients’ medical histories and symptoms.
- Creating patient care plans and contributing to existing ones.
- Ordering, administering, and analyzing diagnostic tests.
- Monitoring and operating medical equipment.
- Diagnosing health issues.
- Administering medicine and other treatments.
- Detecting changes in patients’ health and modifying treatment plans, as needed.
- Consulting with healthcare professionals and families.
- Training patients and their families to manage and prevent illness and injury.
Nurse Practitioner Requirements:
- Masters degree from an accredited nursing program.
- RN licensure in the state where employed or a compact party state and board-certified by either ANCC or AANP.
- APN authorization in the state where employed to practice in family health by the Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Prescriptive authorization.
- Experience providing primary care as a family nurse practitioner.
- Proficiency with medical instruments and equipment required to perform your work.
- Knowledge of computer-based data management programs and information systems, as well as medical records and point-of-interview technology.
- A sound understanding of all pertinent federal and state regulations, including HIPAA and OSHA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of disease prevention.
- Bachelor’s degree
1 year to less than 2 years
- Health care institution, facility or clinic
- Private practice
- Advise patients on health care
- Collaborate with members of an interdisciplinary health team and plan, implement, co-ordinate and evaluate patient care
- Examine patients and take their medical histories and consult with physicians and other medical practitioners to evaluate patients’ physical and mental health
- Order laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures
- Conduct patient interviews, physical assessments and take medical histories
- Formulate and implement treatment plans and monitor patients’ progress
- Provide health maintenance education
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Intravenous (IV) therapy Certification
- CPR Certificate
- Licensure as a Nurse Practitioner by the province/territory of work
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
Long term benefits
- Other benefits
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Wellness program
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Job reference number
- Cover letter