Knowledge of cooking techniques for seafood stocks, grilling, sautéing, and deep frying, as well as cold food prep. The Cook is responsible for preparing and cooking all food items according to menus…
A job as a Seafood Preparer falls under the broader career category of Food Preparation Workers. The information on this page will generally apply to all careers in this category but may not specifically apply to this career title
Perform a variety of food preparation duties other than cooking, such as preparing cold foods and shellfish, slicing meat, and brewing coffee or tea.
- Location: Bonne Bay, NL
- Salary: $16.94HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- To be determined
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 3 vacancies
- Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, or silverware.
- Carry food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
- Portion and wrap the food, or place it directly on plates for service to patrons.
- Inform supervisors when equipment is not working properly and when food and supplies are getting low, and order needed items.
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- Place food trays over food warmers for immediate service, or store them in refrigerated storage cabinets.
- Receive and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas.
- Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed, and provide cooks with needed items.
- Wash, peel, and cut various foods, such as fruits and vegetables, to prepare for cooking or serving.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Roe processing machines; Shellfish processing machine; Fish canning and cooking machine; Fish cleaning and cutting machine; Fish meal processing machine; Fish products machine; Fish smoker and dehydrator
- Work Site Environment
- Wet/damp; Noisy; Hot; Cold/refrigerated
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Overtime required
- Work Location Information
- Willing to relocate
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Reliability
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply