Fit insulation around obstructions, and shape insulating materials and protective coverings as required. Apply, remove, and repair insulation on industrial equipment, pipes, ductwork, or other mechanical systems such as heat exchangers, tanks, and vessels, to help control noise and maintain temperatures.
- Location: Surrey, BC
- Salary: $20.50HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
Apply insulating materials to pipes or ductwork, or other mechanical systems in order to help control and maintain temperature.
Along with installing material to insulate a building, an insulation worker would also replace insulation when needed. They would need to be able to measure the amount of material needed and then cut or trim the material to fit the space. They may use hand tools in order to apply the insulation as well. There are also various types of insulation. Some insulation is applied via a spray foam so an insulation worker would need to use an air compressor.
An insulation worker may also insulate any object that needs to conserve energy and not lose heat or must keep a cool temperature. For instance, they may insulate pipes, mechanical objects, and broilers just to name a few. Insulation also helps protect others from getting burned if they come in contact with an object, such as a hot pipe for example. Some insulation workers are also trained to remove old installation that contains asbestos. Asbestos is a hazardous material, and old insulation containing must be handled carefully and removed before the installation can be replaced.
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Specific Skills
- Tend or feed machines or equipment used in construction; Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites; Mix, pour and spread materials; Load, unload and transport construction materials; Assist heavy equipment operators; Clean up chemical spills and other contaminants; Read and interpret blueprints
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots; Hard hat; Safety glasses/goggles; Gloves
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Tight deadlines; Overtime required
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Client focus; Reliability
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
12837 88th Avenue suite 204