A front desk clerk represents the first point of contact with the clients of a business, hotel or doctor’s office. They perform essential front desk administrative duties including answering phone calls, greeting clients, and overseeing the office budget. Also known as a front desk receptionist.
- Location: 1209 27 Street Wainwright, ABT9W 0A2
- Salary: $16.00HOUR hourly for 32 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other benefits
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
Our company is looking for a professional front desk clerk to oversee all receptionist and secretarial duties at our main entrance desk. You will perform a range of duties including answering phone calls, managing the switchboard, and maintaining the office budget.
Your central goal is to provide our clients with outstanding customer service and support. As the ‘face’ of our company, the successful candidate will be presentable and friendly, with outstanding people’s skills. You should have a talent for multi-tasking, with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Greet guests and provide them with superb customer service.
- Ensure the front desk is neat, presentable, and equipped with all the necessary supplies such as pens, forms, and paper.
- Answer all client questions and incoming calls.
- Redirect phone calls to the appropriate department and take down messages.
- Accept all letters and packages, and distribute them to their appropriate departments.
- Monitor, organize and forward emails.
- Track and order office equipment and supplies.
- Maintain records and files.
- Oversee the office budget.
- High school diploma or relevant qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years of proven experience in a similar role.
- Good understanding of office administration and basic bookkeeping practices.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office programs.
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Specific Skills
- Take, cancel and change room reservations; Register arriving guests and assign rooms; Provide information on hotel facilities and services; Process group arrivals and departures; Process guests’ departures, calculate charges and receive payments; Investigate and resolve complaints and claims; Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages; Clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying); Provide general information about points of interest in the area; Follow emergency and safety procedures; Handle wake-up calls; Provide customer service; Assist clients/guests with special needs; Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Work Setting
- Hotel, motel, resort
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Public transportation is not available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Attention to detail
- Personal Suitability
- Team player; Client focus; Dependability; Reliability; Organized
- Other benefits
- Parking available
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
1209 27 Street