A Customer Service Representative works with clients who have complaints, orders, or require information about products/services purchased from the organization. They also provide solutions that fit those individualized situations and prioritize the customers’ needs at each step of the process.
- Location: 8 Cornwall Ave St. John’s, NLA1E 1Y5
- Salary: $13.50 to $16.00HOUR hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
Customer service representatives are often a client’s primary point of contact with a company. The duties and responsibilities of a CSR include managing incoming calls and customer service inquiries, generating sales leads that develop into new customers, and identifying and assessing customer needs to achieve satisfaction.
A Customer Service Representative, or CSR, will act as a liaison, provide product/services information, answer questions, and resolve any emerging problems that our customer accounts might face with accuracy and efficiency.
The best CSRs are genuinely excited to help customers. They’re patient, empathetic, and passionately communicative. They love to talk and understand the value of good communication skills. Customer service representatives can put themselves in their customers’ shoes and advocate for them when necessary. Customer feedback is priceless, and these CSRs can gather that for you. Problem-solving also comes naturally to customer care specialists. They are confident at troubleshooting and investigate if they don’t have enough information to answer customer questions or resolve complaints.
Customer Service Responsibilities list:
Manage large amounts of incoming phone calls
Generate sales leads
Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
Build sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and interactive communication
Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools
Meet personal/customer service team sales targets and call handling quotas
Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolution
Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents
Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
Take the extra mile to engage customers
Requirements and skills
- Proven customer support experience or experience as a Client Service Representative
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- High school diploma
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Sell merchandise; Receive payments; Perform general office duties
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Excel; Database software; MS Outlook
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Personal Suitability
- Team player; Reliability; Organized
- Health benefits
- Health care plan
Health care plan
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply