They check for defects, assemble products, monitor manufacturing equipment, and closely follow safety procedures to prevent accidents in environments where materials may be hazardous.
- Location: 35 Regis Duffy Drive Charlottetown, PEC1E 0K6
- Salary: $45,000YEAR annually for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking for a production worker to join our team and help improve our warehouse’s production line.
You’ll perform various tasks, including maintaining and operating the machinery and search for potential malfunctions or risks. You’ll transfer the products and equipment, using power tools and forklift trucks. You’ll also keep the facility clean by removing debris and trash to ensure safety. Note that this position demands stamina and a good physical condition, as you’ll have to regularly lift heavy loads.
If you are familiar with these tasks and interested in working at a well-functioning warehouse, let’s meet.
- Operate production equipment
- Maintain the warehouse’s machines
- Assemble machinery parts
- Store products and materials
- Meet the deadlines of individual production tasks during shift
- Report on defective products or machinery
- Check stock levels and report deficiencies in products or raw materials
- Keep the worksite clean to avoid hazards from chemicals and fragile products
- Review and follow manufacturing manuals to build machinery
- Ensure shipping procedures are timely
- Transfer equipment manually or with forklift trucks
- Follow the company’s safety and quality guidelines
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience as a production worker or similar role in a warehouse
- Good understanding of how production equipment works
- Ability to detect potential problems with machinery
- Knowledge of basic safety rules and precautionary measures (safety gear will be provided)
- Ability to lift heavy loads and transfer them manually
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- High School Diploma/GED
Production worker duties and responsibilities include:
- Handling production equipment (e.g. operation, maintenance)
- Assembling and inspecting machinery parts
- Monitoring product shipment
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Project management; Prepare and maintain progress and other reports; Monitor production progress; Compile worksheets and specifications of orders; Create, investigate, track and complete work orders; Consult with production supervisor to schedule production runs in a cost and time-efficient manner
- Major Work Area
- Manufacturing or production
- Area of Specialization
- Work Setting
- Manufacture; Industrial facility or establishment
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Attention to detail; Tight deadlines
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Values and ethics; Organized
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Dental plan
- Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Health care plan, Dental plan
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Job reference number
- Cover letter
What is a production worker?
A production worker helps with the proper functioning of assembly lines in factories and warehouses. On a daily basis, they’re responsible for all the production processes, for example they operate machinery and assemble equipment parts.
What does a production worker do?
Production worker duties vary based on the factory’s processes and products. Usually, they maintain and operate production equipment and assist with distributing the final products. They monitor stock levels and help with shipping procedures. Finally, they follow safety policies and detect potential machinery problems early on.