Hardware engineers develop, design, and test computer hardware components for computer and electrical systems. Their duties may include designing and testing computer hardware components, analyzing test data, eliminating errors, modifying existing hardware, and designing hardware for other electrical devices.
- Location: Gloucester, ON
- Salary: $87,000 to $106,000YEAR annually for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits, Long term benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking to hire a talented and hardworking computer hardware engineer to develop, design, and install hardware components for electrical and computer systems. You will be responsible for designing base hardware systems, installing complex hardware components, analyzing computer performance data, system troubleshooting, collaborating with software engineers, and modifying existing hardware platforms to enhance functionality in upgraded systems.
To ensure success as a computer hardware engineer, you should exhibit a meticulous and analytical approach to your work. Ultimately, a skilled computer engineer will work methodically to identify and design hardware systems that perfectly adapt to the software specifications.
Computer Hardware Engineer Responsibilities:
- Designing and developing hardware components including circuit boards, processors, and memory cards.
- Testing hardware components individually and in tandem with external computer systems.
- Analyzing systems data in order to make changes to the hardware configuration.
- Completing functionality and performance tests on the final product.
- Designing hardware for computer-related products such as routers and smart devices.
- Creating specifications and documents for components and completed computer systems.
- Collaborating with software developers to ensure the hardware functions for its intended purpose.
- Overseeing manufacturing process of hardware components.
Computer Hardware Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or computer science.
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience in a similar role.
- Analytical thinking with good problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work to a strict deadline.
- Ability to work closely with the software development team.
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, software, and electrical systems.
- Ability to see potential problems in a system setup.
- Attention to detail.
2 years to less than 3 years
- Area of Specialization
- Integrated circuits; System integration
- Security and Safety
- Secret clearance
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication
- Computer and Telecommunications Hardware Engineers Specific Skills
- Analyze user’s requirements, and design and develop system architecture and specifications; Research, design, develop and integrate computer and telecommunications hardware; Develop and conduct design verification simulations and prototype bench tests of components; Supervise, inspect and provide design support during the manufacturing, installation and implementation of computer and telecommunications hardware
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Disability benefits; Dental plan; Paramedical services coverage
- Long term benefits
- Long-term care insurance
- Other benefits
- Parking available; Travel insurance
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan, Paramedical services coverage
Parking available, Travel insurance
Long term benefits
Long-term care insurance
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply