The director of sales and marketing also sets prices and discounts, devises marketing strategies for expanding their client base, and oversees a team of skilled professionals to increase sales and improve client satisfaction. A Director of Sales is a professional who manages and oversees the sales operations in an organization. They’re responsible for designing plans to meet targets, developing relationships with clients/customers, and evaluating costs for selling products and services.
- Owning and hitting/exceeding annual sales targets within assigned territory and accounts
- Developing and executing strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Location: Hamilton, ON
- Salary: $45.86HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as 2022-07-30
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a high-performing Sales Director. The successful candidate will meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives.
Sales director responsibilities include developing key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans. Successful execution of these strategies is required to achieve your financial targets. Sales director duties will include hitting annual targets, building relationships and understanding customer trends.
Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets within assigned territory and accounts
Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
Understand category-specific landscapes and trends
Reporting on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
Requirements and skills
- Proven sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets
- Previous experience as a sales executive, sales manager or sales and marketing director
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Demonstrable experience as head of sales, developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
5 years or more
- Specific Skills
- Plan, direct and evaluate the activities of firms and departments that develop and implement advertising campaigns to promote the sales of products and services; Assist in product development and direct and evaluate the marketing strategies of establishments; Establish distribution networks for products and services, initiate market research studies and analyze their findings; Direct and evaluate establishments and departments that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs
- Area of Work Experience
- Marketing and sales
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Word processing software; MS Windows
- Additional Skills
- Plan and control budget and expenditures; Market business services; Manage contracts; Hire, train, direct and motivate staff; Develop promotional materials
- Area of Specialization
- Sales; Marketing
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Attention to detail; Tight deadlines
- Ability to Supervise
- Staff in various areas of responsibility; 5-10 people
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply