The barber’s responsibilities include cutting, trimming, styling, and coloring client’s hair according to their instructions, fitting and grooming hairpieces, and billing clients. You should also be able to provide hairstyle suggestions and haircare advice to clients.
- Location: 4161 4 Ave Whitehorse, YTY1A 1J5
- Salary: $17.00HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 3 vacancies
To be successful as a barber, you should be able to provide quality facial hair grooming services to clients. Ultimately, a top-notch barber should keep abreast of new and emerging hairstyles and trends.
- Welcoming clients and consulting with them on their desired hairstyles.
- Cutting and trimming hair according to clients’ instructions.
- Styling hair using chemical solutions and styling tools.
- Shaving, trimming and shaping clients’ beards and mustaches.
- Washing and conditioning clients’ hair.
- Providing hair treatments and coloring.
- Ensuring that combs, scissors, razors, and other instruments are cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- Supervising apprentices and trainees.
- Providing face, scalp and neck massages.
- Providing hairstyle suggestions to clients.
- High school diploma or GED.
- State barber’s license.
- Sound knowledge of current hairstyles and trends.
- The ability to follow instructions.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Hair Styling Techniques
- Spiking; Blow drying
- Additional Skills
- Shampoo customers’ hair
- Work Setting
- Barbershop or hairstyling salon/studio
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Barber Specific Skills
- Shave and trim beards and mustaches; Provide other hair treatment, such as waving, straightening and tinting and also provide scalp conditioning massages; Cut and trim hair according to client’s instructions or preferences
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
4161 4 Ave