Tile and marble setters are responsible for installing hard tiles, wood, and marble in homes and offices. They determine the tile or marble pattern layout, cut and shape the tiles to size, and expertly install flooring fixtures using hand and machine tools. Completely free trial, no card required.
- Location: 9518 207 A str Edmonton, ABT5T 4M9
- Salary: $25.00HOUR hourly for 37.5 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Weekend
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking for a skilled tile and marble setter to join our installation team. As a tile and marble setter, you will meet with clients to discuss their tiling needs, order stock supplies, cut tiles and marble to size, and install tiles and marble fittings to specification. You may also be required to prepare quotes and complete job reports.
To ensure success as a tile setter, you should have extensive knowledge of tiling and marbling techniques, a good eye for detail, and excellent communication skills. A top-notch tile setter expertly installs tiles and marble to meet the needs of the customer.
Tile Setter Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to discuss their tiling and marbling needs.
- Measuring the area that must be tiled or marbled to determine stock requirements.
- Providing clients with accurate quotes for the intended job.
- Ordering stock supplies and gathering tiling equipment.
- Cutting and shaping tiles or marble to size.
- Cleaning and leveling the surface area.
- Applying tiling cement and arranging tiles or marble according to design plans.
- Applying tiling grout.
- Cleaning off excess grout and conducting post-installation inspections.
- Processing work invoices.
Tile Setter Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience as a tile and marble setter.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic carpentry skills.
- Advanced mathematical skills.
- Ability to operate hand and machine cutting tools.
- Knowledge of tiling designs and installation techniques.
- Ability to work crouching or kneeling for long periods.
- Good problem-solving skills.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Set tiles in place and apply pressure to affix them to base; Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles; Prepare, measure and mark surfaces to be covered; Align and straighten tiles; Mix, apply and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel; Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools; Pack grout into joints between tiles and remove excess grout; Build underbeds and install anchor bolts, wires and brackets; Mix, lay and polish terra surfaces; Install tile strips
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- Various locations
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply