Packers are workers who prepare finished products for packaging and shipment. They do so by checking that the items they need to pack are present before wrapping them securely according to company standards or requirements, then loading up the goods on pallets ready for shipping.
- Packing, weighing, and labeling completed items for shipment or storage
- Following all company guidelines regarding packaging
- Handling inventory with care and attention to detail
- Location: Hantsport, NS
- Salary: $20.66HOUR hourly for 36 to 48 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Casual employment
- Day, Night, Weekend, Shift, On Call
08:00 to 20:00
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits, Financial benefits
- Vacancies: 10 vacanciesWe are looking for a Packer to join our team to ensure products are shipped quickly and safely.Packers must also be able to seal each container, use hand tools and adhesives to protect the package from harm during transportation and observe all company safety standards.
Ultimately, you will work in a fast-paced environment, and you will be responsible for the wellbeing and accuracy of items shipped to our customers.
- Pack, weigh and label completed items for shipment or storage
- Follow all company guidelines regarding packaging to ensure items arrive at their destination
- Identify and dispose of defective items before they are shipped to customers
- Properly use packaging materials, including hand tools, glues, nails, padding, etc
- Keep complete records of all materials that go through the warehouse
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Packer or similar role
- Experience in manufacturing or related field is preferred
- Basic shop skills, such as using hand tools
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Strong communication skills and desire to work with other team members
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Specific Skills
- Sort, pack, crate and package materials and products; Perform other labouring and elemental activities; Clean machines and immediate work areas; Check and weigh materials and products; Assist machine operators, assemblers and other workers; Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment
- Weight Handling
- Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Work Setting
- Packaging company
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Work Site Environment
- Noisy; Dusty; Hot
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Public transportation is not available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Standing for extended periods; Large workload
- Work Location Information
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Dependability; Reliability; Punctuality
- Health benefits
- Dental plan
- Financial benefits
- As per collective agreement
- Other benefits
- Free parking available
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Are you currently a student?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment; Part time enrollment
Free parking available
As per collective agreement
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply