Communications Specialists handle public relations, information output, and media requests. They can also plan social media campaigns or advertising efforts for a business. Overall, they ensure a company has excellent and effective advertising whenever a campaign is in the works.
- Location: 2575 Ouellette Place Windsor, ONN8X 1L9
- Salary: $40,000 to $45,000YEAR annually for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for an enthusiastic Communications Specialist to manage our external and internal communications. You will promote a positive public image and control the dissemination of information on our company’s behalf.
Phenomenal communication and copywriting skills make a strong communications specialist. Experience in corporate communications and project management are important qualities too. Your enthusiasm and positive attitude will help you gain the trust of colleagues and external parties alike.
- Develop effective corporate communication strategies
- Manage internal communications (memos, newsletters etc.)
- Draft content (e.g. press releases) for mass media or company website
- Organize initiatives and plan events or press conferences
- Liaise with media and handle requests for interviews, statements etc.
- Foster relationships with advocates and key persons
- Collaborate with marketing professionals to produce copy for advertisements or articles
- Perform “damage control” in cases of bad publicity
- Facilitate the resolution of disputes with the public or external vendors
- Assist in communication of strategies or messages from senior leadership
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as communications specialist
- Experience in web design and content production is a plus
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software is an asset
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Proficient command of English
- BSc/BA in public relations, communications or relevant field
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Assist in the preparation of brochures, reports, newsletters and other material
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Adobe Illustrator; Adobe Photoshop; MS Excel; MS PowerPoint; MS Word; MS Outlook; Social Media
- Area of Specialization
- Graphic design
- Work Setting
- Technical or Specialized Editing
- Press releases
- Other benefits
- Free parking available
- Screening questions
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
Free parking available
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Cover letter
- Link to web portfolio