Confirming that all passengers are present, and recording no-shows. Ensuring adherence to passenger limits, both seated and standing. Avoiding high-traffic and accident-prone routes, where possible. Separating physical fights and calming verbal altercations, as needed.
Education: No degree, certificate or diploma. Experience: 5 years or more.
- Location: Cambridge, ON
- Salary: $15.50HOUR hourly for 8 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
Part time leading to full time
- Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Job Duties and Tasks for: “Shuttle Car Operator”
1) Control conveyors that run the entire length of shuttle cars in order to distribute loads as loading progresses.
2) Drive loaded shuttle cars to ramps, and move controls in order to discharge loads into mine cars or onto conveyors.
3) Clean, fuel, and service equipment, and repair and replace parts as necessary.
4) Move mine cars into position for loading and unloading, using pinchbars inserted under car wheels to position cars under loading spouts.
5) Guide and stop cars by switching, applying brakes, or placing scotches (wooden wedges) between wheels and rails.
6) Push or ride cars down slopes, or hook cars to cables and control cable drum brakes, in order to ease cars down inclines.
7) Observe hand signals, grade stakes, or other markings when operating machines.
8) Open and close bottom doors of cars in order to dump contents.
9) Direct other workers to move stakes, place blocks, position anchors or cables, or move materials.
10) Monitor loading processes in order to ensure that materials are loaded according to specifications.
11) Measure, weigh, or verify levels of rock, gravel, or other excavated material in order to prevent equipment overloads.
No degree, certificate or diploma
5 years or more
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply