Restaurant Managers take on many responsibilities, including effectively recruiting and managing employees, overseeing operations, handling customer complaints, and generating financial reports. Other important aspects of a Restaurant Manager’s duties are to ensure health and safety regulations and manage inventory.
- Location: Richmond Hill, ON
- Salary: $19.50HOUR hourly for 37.5 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a Restaurant Manager to lead all aspects of our business. You will deliver a high-quality menu and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service.
Restaurant Manager responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need management skills and experience in both front and back of the house. We want you to know how to oversee the dining room, check-in with customers and balance seating capacity. Back of the house management experience is also essential, as you’ll hire qualified Cooks and Wait Staff, set work schedules, oversee food prep and make sure we comply with health and safety restaurant regulations.
We’ll expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will ensure our restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences.
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager, Hospitality Manager or similar role
- Proven customer service experience as a manager
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait staff
- Familiarity with restaurant management software, like OpenTable and PeachWorks
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Acute financial management skills
- BSc degree in Business Administration; hospitality management or culinary schooling is a plus
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
- Specific Skills
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns; Recruit, train and supervise staff; Participate in marketing plans and implementation; Negotiate with clients for catering or use of facilities; Monitor revenues and modify procedures and prices; Ensure health and safety regulations are followed; Develop, implement and analyze budgets; Provide customer service; Negotiate arrangements with suppliers for food and other supplies; Set staff work schedules and monitor staff performance; Determine type of services to be offered and implement operational procedures; Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- Additional Skills
- Enforce provincial/territorial liquor legislation and regulations; Cost products and services; Conduct performance reviews; Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms; Organize and maintain inventory
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Large workload; Tight deadlines; Overtime required
- Ability to Supervise
- 5-10 people
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Dependability; Reliability; Organized
- Health benefits
- Health care plan
- Long term benefits
- Other benefits
Health care plan
Long term benefits
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
13025 YONGE STREET suite 102
RICHMOND HILL, ON