Mows lawns, trims weeds, and rakes leaves as assigned. Picks up and removes trash prior to mowing a designated area. Empties trash and recycling containers. Trims bushes, shrubs, and hedges. Prepares soil and plants flowers, bushes, hedges, or shrubs.
- Location: Etobicoke, ON
- Salary: $20.00 to $22.00HOUR hourly for 35 to 44 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
A groundskeeper maintains the grounds of institutions. A groundskeeper works for schools, universities, resorts and public parks. Also known as a horticulturist, and as greenskeeper on golf courses.
We are looking for an energetic groundskeeper to keep our institution’s grounds functionally and aesthetically sound. The groundskeeper will maintain lawns, trees, shrubs, flowers, stair paths, retaining walls and turf. The groundskeeper will employ insecticides, chemical sprays, fertilizers and mulches to optimize condition of greenery. You will keep grounds free from trash, litter, debris, weeds, plant diseases and harmful insects. You will maintain equipment and supplies, and order as needed.
To be successful in this role you need to ensure grounds are pleasant—both visually and operatively—at all times, while maintaining equipment. Top candidates are hard-working, meticulous and patient.
- Maintaining site landscaping.
- Maintaining lawns, trees, shrubs, flowers, turf, and irrigation.
- Fertilizing lawn, trees, flowers and shrubs, and spreading mulch.
- Trimming trees, hedges, and shrubs, and preventing and eliminating weeds.
- Operating and maintaining hand tools, such as loppers, saws and shovels efficiently.
- Operating and maintaining trucks and power tools.
- Utilizing insecticides, fertilizers, and chemical sprays to treat diseases.
- Keeping grounds free from trash, litter, and debris, and emptying trash receptacles.
- Conducting basic irrigation audits and performing basic irrigation repairs.
- Removing snow by using a shovel or snow blower.
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- 1+ years of groundskeeping or related experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficient in using manual and power tools safely.
- Free from allergies that interfere with Groundskeeper duties.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Available to work overtime.
- Proficient with sending emails.
- Physically agile and dexterous.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Work Setting
- Landscape maintenance
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation
- Screening questions
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply