Electrical engineering technicians interpret the designs and technical instructions of electrical engineers, then ensure they are accurately carried out. They also develop, install, test and maintain equipment that produces, transmits or uses power.
- Location: Elie, MB
- Salary: $25.00 to $35.00HOUR hourly for 40 to 55 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits, Long term benefits, Financial benefits
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
1) Provide technical assistance and resolution when electrical or engineering problems are encountered before, during, and after construction.
2) Assemble electrical and electronic systems and prototypes according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles, using hand tools and measuring instruments.
3) Install and maintain electrical control systems and solid state equipment.
4) Modify electrical prototypes, parts, assemblies, and systems to correct functional deviations.
5) Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results.
6) Collaborate with electrical engineers and other personnel to identify, define, and solve developmental problems.
7) Build, calibrate, maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical instruments or testing equipment.
8) Analyze and interpret test information to resolve design-related problems.
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Install, maintain and service equipment; Assist in building and testing prototypes to specifications; Assist in design, development and testing; Conduct or supervise the installation, commissioning, and operation of electrical and electronic equipment and systems
- Additional Skills
- Supervise the building and testing of prototypes; Read and interpret blueprints; Assist in preparing estimates, schedules, specifications and reports
- Area of Specialization
- Testing; Repair; Operations or production; Installation; Design; Troubleshooting; Development
- Type of Industry Experience
- Security and Safety
- Bondable; Criminal record check
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Willing to travel; Valid driver’s licence; Travel expenses paid by employer
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Work Location Information
- Rural area
- Computer and Technology Knowledge
- TCP/IP; Programmable logic controller (PLC); Computer-aided design (CAD)
- Equipment, Systems and Controls Experience
- Programmable logic controller (PLC)
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Team player; Client focus; Organized
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Dental plan; Vision care benefits
- Financial benefits
- Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits; Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP); Deferred profit-sharing plan (DPSP)
- Other benefits
- Learning/training paid by employer; Team building opportunities; Parking available; Travel insurance
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
Health care plan, Dental plan, Vision care benefits
Learning/training paid by employer, Team building opportunities, Parking available, Travel insurance
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits, Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP), Deferred profit-sharing plan (DPSP)
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Cover letter
- Proof of the requested certifications
- Copy of portfolio or relevant work examples
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed
- Copy of latest school transcript