Preparing lessons that are tailored to students’ needs. Providing instruction on the parts and functions of a vehicle, and on-road regulations. Teaching practical skills related to all aspects of driving. Documenting and reporting on students’ progress.
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate. Experience: Experience an asset.
- Location: Dauphin, MB
- Salary: $20.00 to $44.50HOUR hourly for 4 to 28 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Term or contract
- Evening, Weekend
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Driving instructors provide theoretical and applied training that aims to develop students’ driving abilities. Driving instructors may teach students to drive regular or commercial vehicles.
We are looking for a patient, enthusiastic driving instructor to prepare our students for their driver’s tests. The driving instructor’s responsibilities include planning and delivering lessons that promote students’ theoretical and applied driving skills. Driving instructors also communicate with students to ascertain which of their abilities require further development.
To be successful as a driving instructor, you should maintain excellent communication with students at all times. Ultimately, a top-notch driving instructor will tailor their instruction to meet the needs of students, while still meeting targets set by the driving school.
Driving Instructor Responsibilities:
- Preparing lessons that are tailored to students’ needs.
- Providing instruction on the parts and functions of a vehicle, and on-road regulations.
- Teaching practical skills related to all aspects of driving.
- Helping students to develop confidence in their driving skills.
- Gaining control of the vehicle during emergency situations.
- Calming students who are in distress.
- Documenting and reporting on students’ progress.
- Informing students when they are ready to take the driver’s test.
- Reporting all accidents to the Head of the driving school.
Driving Instructor Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driving license for the level at which you will be teaching.
- Valid driving instructor’s license or certification.
- Proven experience as a driving instructor.
- Clear driving record.
- Clear criminal record.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Patience and enthusiasm.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work during evenings and on weekends, as required.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience an asset
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply