Dentists diagnose and treat dental issues and help patients develop better oral hygiene regimens. They clean teeth, correct bite issues, perform surgeries and extractions, and perform other duties to ensure that the teeth and mouth are healthy.
- Location: Langley, BC
- Salary: $50.00 to $60.00HOUR hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- To be determined
- Start date: Starts as soon as 2022-09-15
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are searching for a knowledgeable dentist who can provide a range of services to our patients. The dentist will meet with patients, assess their dental health, perform scheduled cleanings, handle complex procedures, such as root canals, extractions, and oral surgery, and work with other staff members, such as dental hygienists and assistants, to provide our clients with quality dental services. You should also be able to assist in the management of the practice and promoting better oral hygiene.
To be a successful dentist, you should be caring, communicative, and experienced in diagnosing and treating dental ailments. You should also be skilled with the various tools and procedures needed to correct dental complaints and ensure the oral health of patients.
- Meeting with patients to discuss and treat dental concerns, perform regular cleanings and other preventative procedures, and establish a plan for better dental hygiene.
- Performing dental procedures, such as extractions, root canals, and filling cavities.
- Correcting bite issues and overcrowding.
- Applying helpful agents to teeth, such as sealants or whiteners.
- Prescribing medications for dental problems, such as pain medications or antibiotics.
- Giving clients sedatives or anesthesia prior to administering treatments.
- Ordering diagnostic measures, such as x-rays, models, etc.
- Using tools, such as drills, probes, brushes, or mirrors, to examine and treat teeth and mouth.
- Keeping records relating to the oral health of patients and the treatments given to them.
- Managing and communicating with other staff members to provide care to patients.
- Doctorate of dental surgery or dental medicine.
- State license and malpractice insurance.
- Additional experience, certifications, or licensing may be required.
- Strong computer skills and experience with healthcare databases and applications.
- Willingness to comply with all local, state, and federal laws regarding dental and health care.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to keep detailed records.
- Comprehensive knowledge of dental procedures, tools, and diagnostics.
- Good management skills.
Degree in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine or optometry
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Act as consultants to other dentists; Write fabrication instructions or prescriptions for use by denturists and dental technicians; Restore, extract and replace diseased and decayed teeth; Perform oral surgery, periodontal surgery and other treatments; Examine patients’ teeth, gums and surrounding tissue; Diagnose disease, injury and decay and plan appropriate treatment; Design bridgework, fit dentures and provide appliances; Clean teeth and instruct patients on oral hygiene
- Work Setting
- Private practice
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Accurate
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Proof of the requested certifications