A supply chain assistant helps ensure that retail products or building materials get from point A to point B in the supply chain. Job duties of a supply chain assistant include checking inventory, filling orders, ensuring the quality of products, and preparing invoices for the builder or retail customer.
- Location: Charlottetown, PE
- Salary: $15.00 to $19.00HOUR hourly for 20 to 30 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Long term benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Supply Chain Assistant Responsibilities and Duties
- Execute supply chain assistant functions to move products from suppliers to retail outlets.
- Reconcile physically all supply chain products with that of invoices and supply documents.
- Prepare invoices and documentation of products to be supplied to retail outlets.
- Perform physical stock checks in a warehouse or stockroom setting.
- Check and examine quality of materials before arranging dispatches through supply chains.
- Supply materials on time to meet production schedules and deadlines.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues relating to supply of products.
- Check, inspect and manage material returns from customers and retail stores.
- Document all materials return records to troubleshoot quality issues.
- Implement best standards in supply chain activities.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
- Specific Skills
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns; Access and process information; Unpack goods received; Sell merchandise; Route goods to appropriate storage areas; Receive payments; Pack goods to be shipped; Operate computerized inventory record keeping and re-ordering systems; Issue receipts and other forms; Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents; Explain the type and cost of services offered; Arrange for billing for services; Arrange for refunds and credits; Answer inquiries and provide information to customers; Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties and delivery dates; Provide advice about merchandise; Conduct sales transactions through Internet-based electronic commerce; Greet customers and discuss type, quality and quantity of merchandise or services sought for purchase, rental or lease; Prepare merchandise for purchase, rental or lease; Prepare sales, rental or leasing contracts and accept cash, cheque, credit card or automatic debit payment; Maintain sales records for inventory control
- Computer Applications
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Work Setting
- Branch office
- Type of Product
- Power tools; Building materials (other than lumber)
- Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Valid driver’s licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Attention to detail
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Dependability; Reliability; Organized; Punctuality; Analytical; Creativity; Efficiency; Energetic; Goal-oriented; Hardworking; Outgoing; Positive attitude; Quick learner; Time management
- Long term benefits
- Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
Long term benefits
Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply