Security Guards duties often include securing premises and personnel by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment and inspecting buildings and equipment. Security Guards duties can also access points as well as permitting or prohibiting entry.
- Patrolling premises regularly to maintain order and establish presence
- Monitoring and authorizing entrance of vehicles or people in the property
- Removing wrongdoers or trespassers from the area
- Location: Edmonton, AB
- Salary: $18.00HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Night, Shift
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 4 vacancies
We are looking for a competent Security Officer to undertake the surveillance of our premises and protection of our staff and visitors. You will be responsible for detecting any suspicious behavior and preventing vandalism, thefts or other criminal behavior.
A security officer must be well-trained in surveillance and dealing with perpetrators. The ideal candidate will inspire respect and authority as well as possess a high level of observation.
The goal is to help the company in maintaining excellent working conditions by keeping our facilities safe and problem-free.
- Patrol premises regularly to maintain order and establish presence
- Monitor and authorize entrance of vehicles or people in the property
- Remove wrongdoers or trespassers from the area
- Secure all exits, doors and windows after end of operations
- Check surveillance cameras periodically to identify disruptions or unlawful acts
- Investigate people for suspicious activity or possessions
- Respond to alarms by investigating and assessing the situation
- Provide assistance to people in need
- Apprehend and detain perpetrators according to legal protocol before arrival of authorities
- Submit reports of daily surveillance activity and important occurrences
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as security officer or guard
- Knowledge of legal guidelines for area security and public safety
- Familiarity with report writing
- Excellent surveillance and observation skills
- Tech-savvy with experience in surveillance systems
- Trained in First Aid/BLS and self-defense
- Registered as a security officer
- High School diploma is required
No degree, certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Security Guard basic (pre-assignment ) training program certificate; First Aid Certificate; CPR Certificate; Security Guard License; Class 5/5F/G Licence (cars, small trucks and other 2-axle vehicles)
7 months to less than 1 year
- Specific Skills
- Patrol assigned areas; Enforce regulations to maintain order and resolve conflicts and to monitor establishment activities
- Additional Skills
- Produce reports; Appear in court as witness; Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Type of Experience
- Security systems/alarms consulting (residential); Corporate building security
- Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract); Basic security clearance
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Work Site Environment
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Public transportation is not available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Walking
- Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Judgement; Reliability
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply