A Receptionist’s duties and responsibilities include greeting visitors, helping them navigate through an office, and supplying them with refreshments as they wait. In addition, they maintain calendars for appointments, sort mail, make copies, and plan travel arrangements.
Receptionists handle a variety of administrative support tasks, including answering phones, receiving visitors, preparing meeting and training rooms, sorting and distributing mail, and making travel plans.
- Location: Dartmouth, NS
- Salary: $15.00 to $17.00HOUR hourly for 40 to 44 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Term or contract
- Day, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
- Temporary work assignment
We are looking for a receptionist to be responsible for greeting clients and visitors to our office. You will be in charge of giving clients directions to various parts of the office, contacting employees regarding visitors, answering phones and taking messages, and sorting and distributing mail.
To be successful in this role, you will need excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as competency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel. Prior experience as a receptionist is also helpful.
- Greet clients and visitors with a positive, helpful attitude.
- Assisting clients in finding their way around the office.
- Announcing clients as necessary.
- Helping maintain workplace security by issuing, checking, and collecting badges as necessary and maintaining visitor logs.
- Assisting with a variety of administrative tasks including copying, faxing, taking notes, and making travel plans.
- Preparing meeting and training rooms.
- Answering phones in a professional manner, and routing calls as necessary.
- Assisting colleagues with administrative tasks.
- Performing ad-hoc administrative duties.
- Answering, forwarding, and screening phone calls.
- Sorting and distributing mail.
- Hiring, managing, and developing the junior administrative team.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Scheduling appointments.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Prior experience as a receptionist or in a related field.
- Consistent, professional dress, and manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good time management skills.
- Experience with administrative and clerical procedures.
- Able to contribute positively as part of a team, helping out with various tasks as required.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Schedule and confirm appointments; Record and relay information; Perform clerical duties, such as filing and sorting and distributing mail; Obtain and process information required to provide services; Greet people and direct them to contacts or service areas; Arrange teleconferences; Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Word; Electronic mail; MS Outlook
- Additional Skills
- Provide basic information to clients and the public; Maintain work records and logs
- Work Setting
- Retail/wholesale establishment/distribution centre
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Public transportation is available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Attention to detail; Sitting
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Reliability
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply