The Personal Care Aide will assist the elderly, convalescents, or persons with disabilities with daily living activities in the persons home or in a care facility. Duties performed at a place of residence may include keeping house (making beds, doing laundry, washing dishes) and preparing meals.
- Location: Selkirk, MB
- Salary: $12.00 to $14.00HOUR hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Flexible Hours, To be determined, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other benefits
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
Also known as caregivers, personal care assistants assist elderly, recovering, or disabled clients to perform routine activities. Their duties include providing mobility support, assisting with personal hygiene, and performing household chores. Personal care assistants may work at care facilities or be directly employed by clients.
We are looking for a compassionate personal care assistant to support clients living with physical, emotional, or cognitive impairments. Your duties will include performing basic housekeeping duties, assisting with personal hygiene, and providing companionship.
To ensure success as a personal care assistant, you should possess experience in a similar role and knowledge of best practices in providing personal care. Ultimately, a first-class Personal Care Assistant will be someone who prioritizes the wellbeing of clients and demonstrates a caring approach.
Personal Care Assistant Responsibilities:
- Providing immobile, recovering, or frail clients with support, company, and comfort.
- Dispencing medications, administering treatments, and assisting with exercise routines as prescribed.
- Reporting changes in the physical, mental, and emotional conditions of clients to relevant parties.
- Providing support with personal hygiene, including bathroom visits, bathing, dressing, and brushing teeth.
- Engaging clients in suitable activities, such as playing games, taking walks, or having conversations.
- Performing basic housekeeping duties, including cleaning, laundry, and preparing meals.
- Assisting clients with household finances, bills, and payments, as well as running errands.
- Accompanying clients on outings and arranging transportation to medical appointments.
- Providing mobility support, including assistance with walking aids and wheelchairs.
- Maintaining a hygienic, tidy, and safe environment.
Personal Care Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- National Caregiver Certification Course (NCCC) preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ of experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in providing personal care.
- Available to work irregular hours, including night shift, weekends, and holidays.
- Experience in administering prescribed medications and treatments.
- Extensive experience in assisting clients with mobility and personal hygiene.
- Ability to perform housekeeping tasks, prepare meals, pay household bills, and run errands.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a caring approach, and physically fit.
- Ability to maintain a tidy and safe living environment.
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Specific Skills
- Shop for food and household supplies; Provide personal care; Provide companionship; Prepare and serve nutritious meals; Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties; Launder clothing and household linens; Collect specimens; Bathe, dress and groom patients; Administer bedside and personal care; Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk; Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check; Adult Abuse Registry; Vulnerable sector check
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own vehicle; Valid driver’s licence; Public transportation is available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Sitting; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Dependability; Reliability; Organized; Punctuality
- Other benefits
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Are you currently a student?; Are you available for shift or on-call work?
Learning/training paid by employer
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
204-785-1992 Between 09:00 AM and 04:00 PM
230 Manitoba Ave
Selkirk , MB
230 Manitoba Ave
Selkirk , MB
R1A 0Y5 Between 09:00 AM and 04:00 PM
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Cover letter