Cabinetmakers build, repair and install wooden cabinets, furniture and fixtures. They are employed by custom furniture manufacturers, construction companies and cabinetmaking contractors, or they may be self-employed.
- Location: Sherbrooke, QC
- Salary: $21.18HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits, Financial benefits
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
Cabinet Makers create cabinetry from a variety of materials, including wood, laminate, and thermofoil. Cabinet Makers may also be responsible for applying decorative elements such as paint and mosaics.
We are searching for an attentive, dexterous Cabinet Maker to oversee the creation of cabinetry from start to finish. To this end, the Cabinet Maker will be responsible for hand-picking the most suitable materials, constructing the cabinets, and then applying appropriate finishes. You should ensure adherence to our stylistic and technical requirements at all times.
To be successful as a Cabinet Maker, you should be able to engage in physical activity for extended periods of time. Ultimately, an outstanding Cabinet Maker will suggest additions to our catalog and improvements to workflow, with the ultimate goal of facilitating our company’s growth.
Cabinet Maker Responsibilities:
- Selecting the appropriate materials, fittings, and tools for each task.
- Cutting resources down to size, as needed.
- Planning an effective approach to work to ensure that each project is completed on time.
- Creating standard and custom components of cabinets.
- Gathering the elements of each cabinet and assembling the final product.
- Applying sealant, varnish, and paint to cabinets, if required.
- Inspecting each completed item to ensure that it has been constructed accurately, and that the necessary finishes have been applied.
- Repairing elements of cabinets that have been sent in for servicing.
- Wearing the requisite uniform and taking necessary precautions to remain safe.
- Advising on appropriate care for finished products upon request.
Cabinet Maker Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Completion of a training program or apprenticeship will be advantageous.
- Prior experience as a Cabinet Maker, with a portfolio of completed works.
- The ability to visualize spaces to create appropriate furniture.
- Good arithmetic skills.
- Excellent teamwork and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines without sacrificing workmanship.
- Physical fitness, including ease of movement and the capacity to lift up to 50 pounds.
Other trades certificate or diploma
or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Monitor quality and production levels; Assemble prefabricated parts; Apply varnish, veneer, stain or polish to finished products; Study plans, specifications or drawings of articles to be made, or prepare specifications; Operate woodworking machines and use hand tools to cut, shape and form parts and components; Repair or restyle wooden furniture, fixtures and related products; Sand wooden surfaces and apply veneer, stain or polish to finished products; prepare and apply laminated plastics
- Area of Work Experience
- Quality control and assurance
- Area of Specialization
- Personal Suitability
- Accurate; Team player
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Disability benefits
- Financial benefits
- Long term benefits
- Life insurance; Pension plan
Health care plan, Disability benefits
Long term benefits
Life insurance, Pension plan
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply