A Painter is a professional who helps prepare surfaces, mix paints for different needs, and apply them with brushes or rollers to fill in cracks or apply color on walls and other objects around a home, such as furniture pieces or doors.
- Location: Surrey, BC
- Salary: $27.00HOUR hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
Painters use paint, tools, and materials such as plaster, to change the appearance and texture of buildings, walls, and other structures. They may operate alone or alongside other painters or construction workers.
We are searching for a deadline-driven painter with great attention to detail. The painter will be expected to use color theory principles to match shades, follow written and verbal instructions, and use a variety of tools to paint surfaces. Other responsibilities include completing minor repairs and selecting correct paints and primers.
To be successful as a painter, you should have great stamina, physical strength, and time management skills. The ideal candidate will be able to understand clients’ visions, follow directions, and complete projects on time and to budget.
- Selecting the correct tools and paints for projects.
- Preparing walls and other surfaces before painting.
- Mixing and applying paints, varnishes, and sealants for a lasting finish.
- Covering exposed objects and surfaces.
- Using fillers such as putty and plaster to repair cracks.
- Buying paint, brushes, and other supplies.
- Obeying workplace safety rules.
- Collaborating with other design and construction specialists.
- Keeping the workspace and tools clean.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience painting residential or commercial spaces.
- Knowledge of all the applicable health and safety standards.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Solid communication skills.
- Good balance and physical strength.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Advise consumers on colours and choice of wall coverings; Repair cracks and holes; Prepare, clean and sand surfaces to be painted; Mix paint to desired colour and texture; Erect scaffolding and swing stages and attach rigging; Apply paint, wallpaper and other materials and finishes to interior and exterior surfaces; Measure, cut and apply wallpaper and other fabric to walls
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply