Office manager duties and responsibilities include scheduling meetings and appointments, making office supplies arrangements, greeting visitors and providing general administrative support to our employees. Previous experience as a Front Office Manager or Office Administrator would be an advantage.
- Location: Maple Ridge, BCRemote work available
- Salary: $26.00HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for an Office Manager to organize and coordinate administration duties and office procedures. Your role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety.
What does an Office Manager do?
Office manager duties and responsibilities include scheduling meetings and appointments, making office supplies arrangements, greeting visitors and providing general administrative support to our employees. Previous experience as a Front Office Manager or Office Administrator would be an advantage. A successful Office Manager should also have experience with a variety of office software (email tools, spreadsheets and databases) and be able to accurately handle administrative duties.
Ultimately, the Office manager should be able to ensure the smooth running of the office and help to improve company procedures and day-to-day operation.
- Serve as the point person for office manager duties including:
- Schedule meetings and appointments
- Organize the office layout and order stationery and equipment
- Maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs
- Partner with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment
- Ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Manage office G&A budget, ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Provide general support to visitors
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires
- Address employees queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, Hardware and travel arrangements)
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering and security services
- Plan in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations and conferences
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as an Office Manager, Front Office Manager or Administrative Assistant
- Knowledge of Office Administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular)
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Familiarity with email scheduling tools, like Email Scheduler and Boomerang
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- High School degree; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary will be a plus
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
or equivalent experience
7 months to less than 1 year
- Specific Skills
- Carry out administrative activities of establishment; Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures; Establish work priorities and ensure procedures are followed and deadlines are met; Assist in the preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls; Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Spreadsheet; MS Excel; MS PowerPoint; MS Windows; MS Word; Electronic scheduler; Electronic mail; Human resources software; MS Office; MS Outlook; Microsoft Publisher
- Work Setting
- Private sector
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own vehicle; Willing to travel regularly; Valid driver’s licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Attention to detail; Tight deadlines
- Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Reliability; Organized
- Workplace information
- Remote work available
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; What is your current level of study?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed