A Housekeeping Supervisor is a professional who monitors the work activities of cleaning personnel to ensure that they are providing a clean, orderly, and attractive environment for guests. They assign duties accordingly while inspecting all aspects to make sure everything meets industry standards and keeps an eye on customer satisfaction.
- Training housekeepers on cleaning and maintenance tasks
- Overseeing staff performance on a daily basis
- Checking rooms and common areas, including stairways and lounge areas, for cleanliness
- Location: Various locations Mirabel, , QC Saint-Jérôme, , QC
- Salary: $24.00HOUR hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, On Call, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor to lead our team of room attendants and ensure we provide excellent customer service.
Housekeeping Supervisor responsibilities include organizing employee shifts, training and motivating team members and checking private and public areas for tidiness. To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of sanitation regulations and team management abilities.
Ultimately, you will help ensure our daily housekeeping operations run smoothly and that guests are satisfied.
- Train housekeepers on cleaning and maintenance tasks
- Oversee staff on a daily basis
- Check rooms and common areas, including stairways and lounge areas, for cleanliness
- Schedule shifts and arrange for replacements in cases of absence
- Establish and educate staff on cleanliness, tidiness and hygiene standards
- Motivate team members and resolve any issues that occur on the job
- Respond to customer complaints and special requests
- Monitor and replenish cleaning products stock including floor cleaner, bleach and rubber gloves
- Participate in large cleaning projects as required
- Ensure compliance with safety and sanitation policies in all areas
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Housekeeping Supervisor or similar role
- Hands-on experience with cleaning and maintenance tasks for large organizations
- Ability to use industrial cleaning equipment and products
- Excellent organizational and team management skills
- Stamina to handle the physical demands of the job
- Flexibility to work various shifts, including evenings and weekends
- High school diploma is a plus
No degree, certificate or diploma
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Receive payment for specialized cleaning jobs; Inspect sites or facilities to ensure safety and cleanliness standards; Establish work schedules; Co-ordinate work activities with other departments; Assist cleaners in performing duties; Supervise and co-ordinate activities of workers; Recommend or arrange for additional maintenance services
- Additional Skills
- Prepare budget and cost estimates; Maintain financial records; Hire and train or arrange for training of cleaning staff
- Work Setting
- Office building; Commercial facility; Cleaning service company; Hotel, motel, resort; Industrial plant; Hospital/medical facility or clinic; School or educational institution/establishment
- Security and Safety
- Bondable; Driver’s validity licence check; Driving record check (abstract); Criminal record check
- Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces; Dangerous; Outdoors; Wet/damp; Noisy; Odours; Dusty; Hot; Cold/refrigerated
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Tight deadlines
- Ability to Supervise
- 5-10 people
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Dependability; Reliability
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Job reference number
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience