- Location: Green Gables, PE
- Salary: $13.70 to $14.70HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Seasonal employment
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking to hire an upbeat front desk agent to assist with checking guests in and out of our establishment. The front desk agent will assist guests with inquiries, problems, and complaints. The front desk agent will be responsible for receiving guests’ payments and for balancing the cash at end of the shift. You will be familiar with the hotel layout, be up to date with different tariffs and special offers, understand the in-house restaurant’s operation to facilitate guests’ dining reservations and to make recommendations, and be proficient with operating the switchboard. You will ensure keys are handed back on guests’ departure.
To ensure success you will be professional and pleasant in challenging situations and take responsibility for the satisfaction of guests from arrival to departure. Preferred candidates will be positive, proactive, and be skilled at multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
Front Desk Agent Responsibilities:
- Greeting and thanking guests in a sincere, friendly manner.
- Checking guests in on arrival and out on departure.
- Posting charges to appropriate guest accounts.
- Anticipating and addressing guests’ needs, and resolving their problems and complaints.
- Assisting guests with disabilities.
- Operating switchboard and assisting with inquiries.
- Assisting the reservations manager with taking reservations.
- Collaborating and communicating with other internal departments to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Complying with company procedures and safety policies.
- Performing duties on a daily checklist.
Front Desk Agent Requirements:
- High school diploma or suitable equivalent.
- 1+ years of front desk agent experience preferred.
- Well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player.
- Physically agile, and able to stand for extended periods.
- Available to work shifts, over weekends, and on public holidays.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Take, cancel and change room reservations; Register arriving guests and assign rooms; Provide information on hotel facilities and services; Process guests’ departures, calculate charges and receive payments; Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms; Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages; Provide general information about points of interest in the area; Provide customer service
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Multi-line switchboard; Internet; Central reservation system (CRS)
- Work Setting
- Hotel, motel, resort
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods
- Personal Suitability
- Team player; Client focus
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Students
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply