Food Service Supervisors supervise Food Service Workers in the performance of duties related to food preparation, food serving and/or general maintenance in a kitchen or dining area; and perform other related duties as required.
Provides advice and may oversee standardization of recipes, menu preparation, portion, cost and waste control. Maintains records and provides data for planning and control of operating budgets. Orders food and non-food supplies, checks deliveries and maintains inventory records.
- Location: 3000 Diefenbaker Dr Saskatoon, SKS7L 7K2
- Salary: $14.25HOUR hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking to hire a customer-oriented restaurant supervisor to ensure that all restaurant operations run smoothly. The restaurant supervisor’s responsibilities include overseeing the activities of restaurant staff, expediting customers’ orders as needed, and maintaining good working relationships with suppliers. You should also be able to identify ways to decrease the restaurant’s operational costs.
To be successful as a restaurant supervisor, you should exercise effective management skills and take necessary disciplinary actions to address poor staff performance. Ultimately, a top-performing restaurant supervisor should be able to achieve exceptional customer service and ensure that customers have a pleasant restaurant experience.
Restaurant Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Screening, interviewing, hiring, and training restaurant staff.
- Managing restaurant staff’s work schedules.
- Conducting regular inspections of the restaurant kitchen to determine whether proper standards of hygiene and sanitation are maintained.
- Overseeing food preparation, presentation, and storage to ensure compliance with food health and safety regulations.
- Checking in on dining customers to enquire about food quality and service.
- Monitoring inventory and ensuring that all food supplies and other restaurant essentials are adequately stocked.
- Monitoring the restaurant’s cash flow and settling outstanding bills.
- Reviewing customer surveys to develop and implement ways to improve customer service.
- Resolving customer complaints in a professional manner.
Restaurant Supervisor Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or hospitality is advantageous.
- Proven experience working as a supervisor in the hospitality industry.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Strong management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
or equivalent experience
7 months to less than 1 year
- Specific Skills
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of staff who prepare and portion food; Supervise and check assembly of trays; Supervise and check delivery of food trolleys; Prepare food order summaries for chef; Prepare and submit reports; Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage; Establish work schedules; Estimate and order ingredients and supplies; Ensure food service and quality control
- Additional Skills
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns; Train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures; Prepare budget and cost estimates; Establish methods to meet work schedules; Hire food service staff
- Work Setting
- Workers Supervised
- Kitchen and food service helpers; Food service counter attendants and food preparers; Food and beverage servers; Cook (general)
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Standing for extended periods
- Ability to Supervise
- 3-4 people
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Client focus
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply