Also known as tapers, drywall finishers seal joints, repair cracks, and smooth any imperfections on walls and ceilings in preparation for painting or treatment. They use tape and plaster to join drywall panels and create a smooth finish to the surface.
As a Drywall Installer and Finisher, your duties may include the following: Measuring, cutting and fitting drywall sheets for installation on walls and ceilings. Positioning and securing drywall sheets to metal or wooden studs. Cutting and installing metal corner beads to protect exterior corners.
- Location: Surrey, BC
- Salary: $28.00 to $30.00HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 4 vacancies
We are seeking a detail-oriented drywall finisher to join our team. As a drywall finisher, your duties will include sealing joints, repairing cracks, and smoothing imperfections on walls and ceilings to create surfaces that are suitable for final treatment. You should also ensure that all supplies are used safely.
To be successful as a drywall finisher, you should be able to complete tasks efficiently while maintaining a high quality of work. Ultimately, an excellent drywall finisher will utilize sound techniques to produce high-quality drywall finishes on time.
Drywall Finisher Responsibilities:
- Joining drywall panels using tape and plaster.
- Repairing cracks and any other damage to the drywall panels.
- Concealing any imperfections or exposed irregularities in the drywall surface.
- Layering plaster or spackle with trowels to create a flat surface.
- Sanding down rough areas on the wall to create a smooth surface.
- Skimming the surface with a final layer of plaster in preparation for finishing work.
- Managing and maintaining all the required equipment for the job.
- Keeping your supervisor abreast of your progress and reporting any job-related issues.
- Ensuring that all equipment and materials are used safely and effectively.
Drywall Finisher Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least 1 year of experience as a drywall finisher.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Good knowledge of the tools, materials, and methods used in drywall and ceiling finishing.
- Ability to interpret construction blueprints.
- Knowledge of the applicable safety guidelines.
- Basic math skills.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Physically fit and able to work long hours.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Additional Skills
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Work Site Environment
- Outdoors; At heights; Noisy; Dusty
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure; Physically demanding; Hand-eye co-ordination; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Tight deadlines
- Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Team player; Client focus; Dependability; Reliability
- Drywall Installer and Finisher Specific Skills
- Measure, cut, fit and install drywall sheets; Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife; Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound; Fabricate and install suspended metal ceiling grids and place in panels to form acoustical and coffered ceilings; Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry; Position and secure sheets to metal or wooden studs or joists
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply