Builds or repairs cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, hand tools, or power tools. Assembles and fastens materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Location: Whistler, BC
- Salary: $30.00 to $60.00HOUR hourly for 20 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Flexible Hours, To be determined
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits
- Vacancies: 8 vacancies
- Permanent placement opportunity
Carpenters are skilled artisans who construct, erect, install and renovate structures made of wood and other materials, ranging from kitchen cabinets to building frameworks. They work in various areas of construction.
We are looking to hire a skilled carpenter with knowledge of various carpentry techniques. You will be responsible for layout, installation, repairing, finishing, and maintaining various structures, fixtures, and buildings. Other duties will include designing, cutting, and measuring materials according to a client’s requirements.
A successful applicant should be hardworking, reliable, and have good communication and organizational skills. You must have completed an apprenticeship in carpentry or have equivalent experience in the field.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Assisting supervisors with structural design, planning, layout, and installation.
- Conduct repair work and installation of doors, windows, drywall, cabinets, stairs, and other fixtures as required.
- Ability to assess the quality of woodwork and materials.
- Ability to operate tools, machines, and other equipment.
- Compliance with local building codes, and health and safety regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods, climb, pull, and lift heavy objects.
- High school diploma.
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship or a minimum of 4 years experience as a journey-level carpenter.
- Additional certification may be required.
- Good communication skills.
- Physically fit with good hand-eye coordination.
- Knowledge of mathematics.
Other trades certificate or diploma
5 years or more
- Specific Skills
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings and hardware; Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Major Work Area
- Work Setting
- Personal Suitability
- Team player; Excellent oral communication
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Dental plan
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
Health care plan, Dental plan
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Cover letter