A Welder, or Brazer, is responsible for assembling pieces of metal together or repairing damage in metal components using heavy machinery that emits high heat, melting the metal into shape. Their duties include reviewing blueprints, cutting metal into the appropriate shape and smoothing molten metal to remove creases.
- Location: 1355 Saskatchewan Ave Winnipeg, MBR3E 3K4
- Salary: $16.00 to $28.00HOUR hourly for 40 to 50 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Shift, Overtime
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits
- vacancies: 5 vacancies
Welders manage the machines that manufacture and repair metal structures, tools, and equipment. These skilled professionals work in a variety of industries including automotive, construction, and manufacturing. Other duties include planning layouts and measurements and testing welded surfaces.
Our company is looking for a highly talented welder to join our dynamic team. We’re seeking a hardworking professional who likes meeting challenges and surpassing client expectations. Your chief responsibilities will include interpreting designs, monitoring machinery, and assessing welded components.
To excel in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of welding machinery and electrical equipment. The successful candidate will also have a steady hand and outstanding attention to detail.
- Interpret blueprints, drawings, and measurements to plan layouts.
- Weld small and large components such as copper plumbing, beams, and pipelines.
- Use specialized machinery for industrial welding and oversee machines that perform the same job.
- Maintain and repair all machinery.
- Assess welded surfaces, structures and components to identify errors.
- Follow and enforce strict safety regulations such as wearing heat-resistant gloves, protective masks, and safety shoes.
- Monitor machinery for appropriate usage and temperature.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, and overhead positions.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A valid certificate in welding from an accredited institution is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a welder.
- Excellent knowledge of welding machinery, electrical equipment, and manual tools.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and designs.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
No degree, certificate or diploma
7 months to less than 1 year
- Specific Skills
- Operate manual or semi-automatic, fully automated welding equipment; Interpret welding process specifications; Determine weldability of materials; Operate hoisting and lifting equipment
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Gas welding machine; Arc welding machine; Spot welding machine
- Additional Skills
- Read and interpret welding blueprints, drawings specifications, manuals and processes; Examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or specifications
- Area of Specialization
- Pressure vessels; Machinery or equipment repair; Fencing, balconies, stairs and railings; Factory assembly; Custom fabrication; Cast iron and other metals; Aircraft manufacturing; Truck repair; Shipbuilding and repair; Structural construction
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Welding Techniques
- ARC spot; Flux core arc welding (FCAW); Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW); Plasma arc welding (PAW); Multipass; Gas metal arc welding (GMAW)
- Work Setting
- Industrial; Civil (road and bridge construction, etc.)
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots; Welding helmet
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Valid driver’s licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Overtime required
- Type of Materials
- Stainless steel; Plasma coatings; Steel, iron and heavy metals
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Organized
- Health benefits
- Vision care benefits
- Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits; Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Are you willing to relocate for this position?
Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits, Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply