The caregiver/homemaker provides services to agency clients involving personal cares, transfer assist, cleaning & other housekeeping functions, errands, companionship and performs other duties as directed by the agency director. QUALIFICATIONS: Employees will have the necessary training to perform their job.
- Location: Scarborough Golf Club Road and Kingston Road Scarborough, ONM1M 1J7
- Salary: $17.50HOUR hourly for 30 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
Homemakers, also known as housekeepers and household managers, organize and oversee all of the activities needed for the day-to-day running of households and estates, as well as manage other domestic concerns.
We are looking for an experienced homemaker who can cook, clean and offer professional childcare. Other responsibilities include scheduling and overseeing lawn and household maintenance, laundry, basic interior design, and managing other household staff. Homemakers can expect to buy food and household supplies, settle various bills, and budget and control expenditures.
Successful candidates should have a broad knowledge of family and consumer sciences, basic mathematics, nutrition, child development and psychology. Ideal candidates will have numerous references, years’ of experience and a warm but professional approach to the work.
- Doing the weekly grocery shopping.
- Setting and monitoring budgets.
- Cleaning, cooking and doing the laundry.
- Scheduling and overseeing property maintenance.
- Coordinating other household management activities.
- Caring for children.
- Advising household owners in housekeeping matters.
- Staying up-to-date nutrition and hygiene.
- High school diploma.
- 5+ years’ experience.
- Certificate in First Aid.
- Numerous references.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Provide personal care; Provide companionship; Prepare and serve nutritious meals; Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder); Administer bedside and personal care; Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk; Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Work Setting
- Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Public transportation is available
- Work Location Information
- Work in employer’s/client’s home; Urban area
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply