A Software Developer designs and builds computer programs that power mobile devices, desktop computers, and even cars. They not only identify user needs but also create new applications for any given market while making improvements based on feedback from users.
- Location: Toronto, ONRemote work available
- Salary: $40.00HOUR hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as 2022-09-05
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
The job of a software developer depends on the needs of the company, organization, or team they are on. Some build and maintain systems that run devices and networks. Others develop applications that make it possible for people to perform specific tasks on computers, cellphones, or other devices.
Our company is seeking to hire a skilled software developer to help with the development of our current projects. Your duties will primarily revolve around building software by writing code, as well as modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces. You will also be involved in directing system testing and validation procedures, and also working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
To be successful in this role, you will need extensive knowledge of programming languages and the software development life-cycle. A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related degree is required.
Software Developer Responsibilities:
- Modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
- Directing system testing and validation procedures.
- Directing software programming and documentation development.
- Consulting with departments or customers on project status and proposals.
- Working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
- Analyzing information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems or modifications of an existing system.
- Consulting with engineering staff to evaluate software hardware interfaces and develop specifications and performance requirements.
- Designing and developing software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and design consequences.
- Preparing reports on programming project specifications, activities, or status.
- Conferring with project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities.
Software Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related degree.
- Knowledge of the software development life-cycle.
- The desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications.
- Creativity is always a plus.
- Must be a full-stack developer and understand concepts of software engineering.
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects.
- Deep programming language knowledge.
or equivalent experience
5 years or more
- Specific Skills
- Write, modify, integrate and test software code; Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions; Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software; Assist in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements; Assist in the development of logical and physical specifications; Research and evaluate a variety of software products; Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required; Write, modify, integrate and test software code for e-commerce and other Internet applications
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Additional Skills
- Supervise technical and support staff
- Work Setting
- Consulting firm
- Programming Languages
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Willing to travel; Travel expenses not paid by employer
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Attention to detail; Sitting; Tight deadlines
- Work Location Information
- Willing to relocate; Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Computer and Technology Knowledge
- Word processing software; MS Windows; JavaOS; Programming software; HTML editing software; Software development; SharePoint
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Judgement; Organized; Ability to multitask
- Workplace information
- Remote work available
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Are you willing to relocate for this position?; Are you currently a student?; What is your current level of study?; What is your current field of study?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?; Are you available for the advertised start date?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Cover letter
- Proof of the requested certifications