The lube technician’s responsibilities include preparing detailed vehicle service reports, replacing vehicle wiper blades and car batteries, and changing motor oil as well as transmission and brake fluid as needed. You should also be able to keep vehicle interiors clean while performing maintenance and servicing tasks.
- Location: 32471 Lougheed hwy Mission, BCV2V 0C8
- Salary: $18.00HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Weekend, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking to hire a highly-skilled lube technician to maintain and service customers’ vehicles. The lube technician’s responsibilities include preparing detailed vehicle service reports, replacing vehicle wiper blades and car batteries, and changing motor oil as well as transmission and brake fluid as needed. You should also be able to keep vehicle interiors clean while performing maintenance and servicing tasks.
To be successful as a lube technician, you should have strong mechanical skills and adhere to all safety procedures and practices. Ultimately, an outstanding lube technician should be able to communicate effectively with customers and demonstrate excellent time management skills.
Lube Technician Responsibilities:
- Applying lubricants to the moving parts of vehicle engines to prevent premature engine wear and ensure optimal engine performance.
- Lubricating wheel bearings to prevent excessive tire wear.
- Performing engine cleanings to prevent rust formation.
- Replacing cabin, fuel, air, and oil filters as required.
- Performing tire rotations to ensure even tire wear.
- Testing tire pressure and adding air as needed.
- Thoroughly inspecting customers’ vehicles for oil leaks.
- Making recommendations for additional servicing based on initial vehicle inspections.
- Notifying the Service Advisor when vehicle maintenance or servicing cannot be completed within scheduled timeframes.
Lube Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completion of a postsecondary education lube technician program.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification is advantageous.
- Proven experience in automotive maintenance and repair.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Specific Skills
- Add or replace hydraulic and transmission fluids; Replace oil, air and fuel filters on motor vehicles, trucks and heavy equipment; Provide on-site services; Install replacement mufflers, exhaust pipes, shock absorbers or radiators; Grease booms, pulleys, buckets and other components of heavy equipment; Change engine oil and lubricate running gears or moving parts of automobiles, trucks or heavy equipment; Assist mechanics and perform other duties as directed
- Work Location Information
- Willing to relocate
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Team player; Judgement; Reliability
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply