You will perform a variety of patient care duties including administering medication, reporting changes, collecting samples, and recording medication dosages. The ideal medication aide will be extremely detail-oriented and possess in-depth knowledge of patient care procedures.
- Location: Neguac, NB
- Salary: $16.50HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Night, Shift, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 3 vacancies
We are looking for a healthcare assistant who will assist healthcare professionals, under the supervision of qualified nursing staff, to carry out a spectrum of duties. Their tasks include assisting patients with personal care and conducting clinical duties, in addition to carrying out, monitoring, and recording the results of medical tests, which the healthcare professional will analyze.
To be successful as a healthcare assistant, you should possess a caring and nurturing personality. You should also be able to handle physically demanding tasks, such as supporting the weight of patients to aid mobility, turning patients over, and lifting heavy medical equipment.
Healthcare Assistant Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that supplies and medical equipment are replenished.
- Improving the mobility of patients.
- Setting up equipment required by healthcare professionals.
- Taking the temperature, blood pressure, and blood glucose levels of patients, and recording the results.
- Recording the pulse rate of patients.
- Measuring patients’ weight.
- Preparing patients for therapy.
- Making up beds, giving out bedpans, and collecting bedpans.
Healthcare Assistant Requirements:
- NVQ qualification in health and social care.
- Pass a medical check.
- Clear background check.
- Previous experience in a caring role, preferred.
- Previous medical experience is useful but not essential.
- The desire to work with all people, irrespective of background, race, or creed.
- Good communication skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Physically able to lift patients.
- A tactful and approachable personality.
English or French
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Transport patients in wheelchair or stretcher; Take patients’ blood pressure, temperature and pulse; Supervise patients’ exercise routines; Prepare patients for surgery by washing, shaving and sterilizing operative areas; Collect specimens; Bathe, dress and groom patients; Answer call signals; Weigh, lift, turn and position patients; Administer first aid in emergency situations; Accompany patients on outside recreational activities and perform other duties related to patient care and comfort
- Additional Skills
- Serve meal trays and feed patients; Make beds and maintain patients’ rooms; Maintain inventory of supplies; Supply and empty bed pans; Assist with the set-up and maintenance of traction equipment, cleaning or sterilizing equipment, maintaining and repairing equipment, and assembling, setting-up and operating job-related equipment; Deliver messages, reports, requisitions and specimens between departments; Transport patients between care facilities
- Work Setting
- Hospital or home for the aged; Home care and visiting care agency; Nursing home/home for the aged
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply