A Cleaner, or Custodian, is responsible for keeping offices, homes, hotels or other public areas neat and organized. Their main duties include sweeping, mopping and vacuuming floors, dusting countertops, ceilings and furniture and sanitizing bathrooms, kitchens or other public areas.
- Cleaning, stocking and supplying designated facility areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning etc)
- Performing and documenting routine inspection and maintenance activities
- Carry out heavy cleaning tasks and special projects
- Location: Neguac, NB
- Salary: $14.00 to $16.00HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies : 2 vacancies
We are looking for a Cleaner to take care of our facilities and carry out cleaning and maintenance duties.
The goal is to keep our building in a clean and orderly condition.
- Clean, stock and supply designated facility areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning etc)
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
- Make adjustments and minor repairs
- Stock and maintain supply rooms
- Cooperate with the rest of the staff
- Follow all health and safety regulations
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as a Cleaner
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets
- High school degree
English or French
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
1 to less than 7 months
- Specific Skills
- Vacuum carpeting, area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture; Make beds and change sheets; Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Willing to travel
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Frequently asked questions
What does a Cleaner do?
Cleaners maintain all facilities by keeping the company premises clean and well-organized. They also monitor materials stored in their area and respond to visitors’ inquiries about where they can get certain things done.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Cleaner?
A Cleaner is responsible for all basic cleaning in and around the facility or office building. This can entail dusting, mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, and cleaning smudges off windows and doors. Ensuring restrooms are cleaned, sanitized, and restocked is another important responsibility of a cleaner.
What makes a good Cleaner?
The most successful cleaners have an awareness of how to clean responsibly and use hazardous cleaning chemicals safely to maintain their health while ensuring the end user’s wellbeing. Gaining professional qualifications will give a competitive edge over other applicants vying for jobs in this field. Trustworthiness and attention to detail are other traits essential for an effective cleaner.
Who does a Cleaner work with?
A Cleaner works with many different employees across the organization depending on the company’s size. There may be several cleaners who report to a Cleaner Supervisor for a large company. For smaller companies, they can report directly to an Office Manager, Building Manager, or owner. Daily, cleaners can interact with employees on their same shift or work alone, depending on the time of day.