Security Guards duties often include securing premises and personnel by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment and inspecting buildings and equipment. Security Guards duties can also access points as well as permitting or prohibiting entry.
- Location: 1043 Bloor St W Toronto, ONM6H 1M4
- Salary: $16.00HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, On Call, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits
- vacancies: 10 vacancies
Also known as a security officer, security guards are responsible for protecting property or individuals by patrolling and acting as access control for visitors.
We are looking for a fit and attentive security guard to ensure that our property is protected. The security guard is responsible for recording the names of visitors, patrolling the property and apprehending any trespassers.
To be successful as a security guard you must be alert and professional. A good security guard is aware of all visitors to the property and ensures that no inappropriate actions take place.
Security Guard Responsibilities:
- Ensure that guests sign in upon arrival and exit.
- Make guests aware of rules that must be adhered to.
- Remove trespassers or unwanted individuals from the property.
- Contact the relevant authorities if a crime is committed or an accident occurs.
- Report to supervisors on a regular basis.
- Record any suspicious activities to the supervisor.
Security Guard Requirements:
- A high school qualification or equivalent.
- A qualification in security training.
- Basic first aid skills would be advantageous.
- Physical strength and fitness.
- Prior experience as a Security Guard would be advantageous.
- Attention to detail.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Security Guard License
7 months to less than 1 year
- Specific Skills
- Patrol assigned areas; Operate security control room equipment; Check age identification of patrons; Enforce regulations to maintain order and resolve conflicts and to monitor establishment activities; Prevent and detect shoplifting and theft in retail establishments; Investigate unlawful acts of employees or patrons of establishments and recommend security systems
- Additional Skills
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Work Setting
- Private security agency
- Type of Experience
- Security systems/alarms consulting (residential); Corporate building security
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Public transportation is available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail; Sitting; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods
- Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Excellent oral communication; Judgement; Reliability
- Health benefits
- Health care plan
Health care plan
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
1043 Bloor St W