Industrial painter are responsible for applying paint, varnishes, and similar coatings to materials such as metals, woods, and plastics. They use various techniques to apply paint, including sprays, rollers, and brushes. Painting buildings, houses or cars. Cleaning surfaces prior to layering paint. Maintaining technical equipment for the job and ensuring that they are in working order. Possessing a wide array of painting tools, including thin and thick brushes, airbrushes and rollers.
- Location: Winnipeg, MB
- Salary: $17.00 to $22.00HOUR hourly for 40 to 50 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Shift, Overtime, Early Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
Industrial painters clean, paint and varnish different surface types. Their primary duties include painting buildings, houses or cars, cleaning surfaces prior to layering paint and maintaining technical equipment for the job.
We are looking for candidates with attention to detail and good dexterity for the position of an industrial painter. Industrial painters are responsible for maintaining technical equipment for the job and ensuring that they are in working order, possessing a wide array of painting tools including thin and thick brushes, airbrushes, and rollers, and removing previous paint surfaces using masking or a chemical rinse, among other duties.
Moreover, industrial painters will need to operate heavy machinery, requiring stamina and physical strength.
Industrial Painter Responsibilities:
- Painting buildings, houses, or cars.
- Cleaning surfaces prior to layering paint.
- Maintaining technical equipment for the job and ensuring that they are in working order.
- Possessing a wide array of painting tools, including thin and thick brushes, airbrushes, and rollers.
- Safely disposing of chemical waste.
- Ensuring that high safety standards are met.
- Utilizing different painting techniques based on the nature of the surface.
- Utilizing special safety equipment such as painting goggles.
- Using viscosity cups and thickness gauges to measure the amount of paint to be used and the texture of the paint.
- Removing previous paint surfaces using masking or a chemical rinse.
- Painting small items and doing touch-ups.
- Ensuring proper ventilation after the paint is applied.
- Utilizing electroplating equipment to coat metal.
- Polishing metallic surfaces.
- Painting over woods and plastics.
Industrial Painter Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience painting a variety of surface types.
- Proficiency with technical machinery.
- Physical strength to operate machinery.
- Diligence and attention to detail.
- Excellent dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good verbal communication.
No degree, certificate or diploma
1 to less than 7 months
- Specific Skills
- Prepare, clean and sand surfaces to be painted; Mix paint to desired colour and texture; Apply paint, wallpaper and other materials and finishes to interior and exterior surfaces
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Multi-ratio pump spraying
- Weight Handling
- Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Type of Paints or Coatings
- Metallized coatings
- Surface Preparation Methods
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Ability to distinguish between colours; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- In shop
- Coating/Application Specialization
- Powdered coatings; Paint spraying
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Reliability
- Health benefits
- Vision care benefits
- Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits; Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Are you willing to relocate for this position?
Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits, Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply