As a Trades Helper/Labourer, your duties may include: Loading and unloading construction materials, and moving them to work areas. Installing and removing concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks and barricades at construction sites. Mixing, pouring and spreading materials such as concrete and asphalt.
- Location: Winnipeg, MB
- Salary: $15.00 to $20.00HOUR hourly for 40 to 50 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Shift, Overtime, Early Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits
- vacancies: 5 vacancies
A construction laborer or construction worker does physical labor on construction sites. They may prepare sites by cleaning them, loading or unloading materials, and removing hazards. A general laborer may also run some types of equipment, or put together and take apart scaffolding and other temporary structures. They are essential to highway construction, building, and environmental remediation.
We are a busy construction firm and are always hiring dedicated construction laborers to join our team. You will be responsible for operating and maintaining various machines, load and unload frequently heavy materials, and follow directions from supervisors and other skilled tradesmen. To do well in this role you should be physically fit, reliable, and be a hard worker.
Construction Laborer Responsibilities:
- Operate and care for construction equipment and machines.
- Help equipment operators, carpenters, and other skilled labor when necessary.
- Prep construction sites by cleaning obstacles and hazards.
- Load or unload construction materials.
- Put together and take apart temporary structures, such as scaffolding.
- Remove, fill, or compact earth.
- Follow instructions from supervisors.
- Assist craft workers.
- Ready to learn from on-the-job training when necessary.
- Perform site clean-up.
Construction Laborer Requirements:
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma.
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
- Ability to work in all weather.
- Workers must be punctual and reliable.
- Must have experience as a general laborer in the construction industry.
No degree, certificate or diploma
1 to less than 7 months
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Work Site Environment
- Outdoors; Dusty
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Valid driver’s licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Overtime required
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Reliability
- Health benefits
- Vision care benefits
- Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits; Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Are you willing to relocate for this position?
Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply