Animal Care Attendants are responsible for the day-to-day care of medical boarding and Stay-the-Day pets. This includes feeding, watering, cleaning, walking, bathing, medicating and monitoring the well-being of dogs, cats and occasionally other companion animals.
- Location: Hanwell, NB
- Salary: $12.75 to $15.00HOUR hourly for 15 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
Part time leading to full time
- Day, Evening, Weekend, On Call, Flexible Hours, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other benefits
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
Duties will include:
• To observe animal appearance and activity for general physical condition, obvious signs of illness, disease and discontent.
• To thoroughly clean and disinfect all areas of the shelter as often as is necessary.
• To determine the type and amount of food animals receive.
• To take charge and/or handle animals as required and to restrain hard to control animals.
• To walk dogs several times a day to provide exercise and time for elimination of bowels and bladder.
• To perform needed cleaning and maintenance of all equipment and tools used in job assignments.
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Animal Specializations
- Domestic animals/pets (cats, kittens, puppies, dogs, etc.)
- Weight Handling
- Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Work Setting
- Type of Pets Groomed
- All breeds of dogs
- Work Site Environment
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Own vehicle
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability
- Animal Care Specific Skills
- Prepare food and feed animals; Monitor and document animal behaviour; Clean and disinfect cages, pens, aquariums, kennels, runs, stall and enclosures
- Pet Grooming Specific Skills
- Other benefits
- Learning/training paid by employer
Learning/training paid by employer
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
117 Sandstone Drive